This post may contain affiliate links.
Hello, fellow peanut butter lovers!
Today’s recipe is all about the peanut butter baby! It is a Triple Peanut Butter Scone with peanut butter in the scone, peanut butter chips in the scone, and a peanut butter glaze! It’s a great recipe because it is fast to make, and it can be a breakfast item or dessert item. It is especially good if you eat it warmed up. If you’re serving it as a dessert, serve it warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!!
In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Add the peanut butter and butter, cut into small pieces. Stir together.
Stir in the buttermilk, vanilla, and peanut butter chips.
To get it stirred up well, you might have to use your hands.
Place the dough on a cookie sheet. Press the dough out into a 7-inch circle with your hands.
Sprinkle the top of the dough with coarse sugar.
Cut the dough into 8 wedges.
Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
While the scones bake you can make the glaze. In a small microwavable bowl place the butter and peanut butter.
Melt together in the microwave, about 30 seconds. Stir together well.
Stir in vanilla and powdered sugar.
Place glaze in a piping bag with a small hole in the end of it.
Pipe lines across the top of the scone in one direction.
Then pipe lines across the top of the scone in the opposite direction so that the lines intersect.
- For the Scone:
- 1⅔c. flour
- ¼c. brown sugar, packed
- 1¼t. baking powder
- ¼t. baking soda
- ¼t. salt
- ¼c. peanut butter
- ⅓c. cold butter, cut into small pieces
- ⅔c. buttermilk
- ½t. pure vanilla extract
- ½c. peanut butter chips
- coarse sugar
- For the Glaze:
- 2T. butter
- 2T. peanut butter
- ¼t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the1/4c. peanut butter and small butter pieces.
- Stir in the buttermilk, ½t. vanilla, and peanut butter chips. Use your hands to mix it well.
- Pat the dough out onto a cookie sheet into a 7-inch circle. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges. Bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small microwavable bowl combine 2T. butter and 2T. peanut butter. Melt together for about 30 seconds.
- Stir together well. Stir in ¼t. vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Pipe glaze over warm scones.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)