What is better than a marshmallow? A toasted marshmallow, of course! This nougat is full of delightful toasted marshmallow flavor. Toasted Marshmallow nougat is perfect for molded chocolates. If you want a good how-to on molded chocolate check out this post: Starburst Nougat and a Molded Chocolate How-To. Let’s get started on your Toasted Marshmallow Nougat!
To begin, place sugar, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and water into a large saucepan.
Place the lid on the saucepan and heat until the mixture begins to boil. Keep a close eye on it because it will boil over if you don’t.
Once the mixture begins to boil remove the lid and place a candy thermometer in the pan. This recipe is pretty great because you don’t even have to stir it, well other then the initial stir.
While you wait, for the mixture in the saucepan to reach 238F, place meringue powder and water in the bowl of an electric mixer.
Stir together until well combined, scraping the sides often.
Once the mixture in the saucepan has almost reached 238F begin to whip the meringue powder and water mixture.
Once the mixture in the saucepan comes to 238F remove it from the heat and very slowly and carefully pour it into the whipping meringue powder.
While you whip the nougat it’s time to toast the marshmallows! Line a baking sheet that has sides with parchment paper.
Pour a whole 16 oz bag of marshmallows out onto the parchment lined pan. Spread evenly.
Broil for 4-5 minutes or until nicely browned and perhaps a little bit burnt (that’s the way I like them).
Remove the mallows from the oven and use a bowl scraper the help you remove the melty, toasty goodness from the pan.
Place the toasted marshmallows into the electric mixer with the nougat.
Continue to mix until well combined.
Your nougat is ready to use!! Enjoy!
- 1c. sugar
- 1c. brown sugar, packed
- 1c. light corn syrup
- 1c. water
- ¼c. meringue powder
- 3T. water
- 16oz mini marshmallows
- Place sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1 cup water into a large saucepan, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil with the lid on. Once the mixture starts to boil, remove the lid and put in a candy thermometer. Bring mixture to 238F.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer combine meringue powder and 3 tablespoons of water. Scrape the bowl down often.
- Once the sugar mixture is almost to 238F start to whip the meringue powder.
- When the sugar mixture reaches temp, slowly and very carefully pour it into the mixing bowl with the meringue powder.
- Whip until thick and fluffy.
- In the meantime, place marshmallows on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Broil for 4-5 minutes of until nicely toasted.
- Place the toasted marshmallows into the mixing bowl and continue to mix until well combined.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)
S’more Candy Bars
Line a large square mold with chocolate, fill with Toasted Marshmallow Nougat and a piece of graham cracker, top with more chocolate. Unmold and enjoy!