This post may contain affiliate links.
You are going to LOVE today’s recipe! The recipe is for Strawberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread!! I know, I know you want to eat it right now just hearing the name of the recipe. But just to whet your tastebuds a bit more by telling you a more about the recipe. First, it’s monkey bread so it’s a delicious pull-a-part bread that is gooey and just awesome! Each ball of dough is filled with a cream cheese frosting, giving the finished bread a delightful cheesecake richness. Then the dough balls are layered in a pan with sliced fresh strawberries! It’s pretty much amazing, and you’re gonna love it so let’s just get to making it already.
First, we will make the cream cheese frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
Pipe the frosting onto the waxed paper. You’ll want about 66 frosting mounds. Mine were about the size of a quarter on the bottom and went up about 1/2-3/4-inches. Place the frosting mounds in the freezer until hard and ready to use.
Here’s a little thought about what to do with any leftover frosting ; )
Now on to the dough! In a large bowl place the flour, sugar, salt, yeast, warm water, butter, egg, and vanilla.
Mix the dough together, I just used my hands. Knead the dough for 5 minutes.
Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover, and allow to rise for 1 hour.
Divide the dough into 66 pieces. I cut it into 11 strips and then 6 pieces each strip.
Flatten out one piece of dough place and frozen cream cheese frosting mound in the middle.
Wrap the dough around the frosting so that it is completely covered. Roll into a nice ball.
Repeat with the remaining dough balls and frosting mounds.
Dip one of the filled dough balls into melted butter.
Then roll it in the sugar.
Then place the dough ball in a greased bundt pan.
Repeat with half for the dough balls.
Add half of the sliced strawberries.
Add the other half of the filled, dipped, and coated dough balls.
Top with remaining strawberries.
Combine the remaining sugar and melted butter and drizzle that over the monkey bread in the pan. That will just add a bit more gooeyness.
Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the monkey bread comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
Place your serving plate on top of the monkey bread in the bundt pan.
Flip the whole thing over.
Then remove the pan and voila! A gorgeous, shiny, gooey, delicious smelling Strawberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread.
If you like strawberries and you like cheesecake then you will love this monkey bread! It makes a perfect addition to any breakfast or brunch menu and is sure to win you lots of praise! It would also be perfect for a Mother’s Day treat. Don’t’ like strawberries? No problem! Try any kind of berry you like. I think that raspberries, blueberries, blackberries… possibly even cherries?! could be totally wonderful. You might even be able to add a bit of cocoa powder to the cream cheese frosting and have a chocolate cheesecake stuffed monkey bread with (enter your chosen fruit). The possibilities are endlessly delicious! I challenge you, go and make this!
What is your favorite fruit to have with cheesecake?
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting;
- 8oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4c. powdered sugar
- ½t. pure vanilla extract
- For the Dough:
- 2¾c. flour
- ¼c. sugar
- 1t. salt
- 2½t. yeast
- ¾c. warm water
- 3T. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1t. pure vanilla extract
- ½c. melted butter
- 1c. sugar
- 1½c. thinly sliced strawberries
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and ½t. vanilla.
- Pipe the cream cheese frosting out onto a waxed paper lined sheet pan. They should be about the size of a quarter at the base and up about ¾-inches. You will need 66 frosting mounds. You may have extra frosting.
- Freeze until hard and ready to use.
- Next, make the dough. In a large bowl combine the flour, ¼c. sugar, salt, yeast, warm water, 3T. melted butter, egg, and 1t. vanilla.
- Knead for 5 minutes. Place the dough in a greased bowl to rise, covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a bundt pan.
- Divide the dough into 66 pieces. Press out one piece of dough and place a cream cheese frosting mound in the middle. Wrap the dough around the mound so that the mound is completely covered. Roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough balls and frosting mounds.
- Working with one filled dough ball at a time coat the dough ball in the ½c. melted butter, then cover it in the 1c. sugar and place it in the greased bundt pan. Repeat with half of the dough balls (33).
- Sprinkle half of the sliced strawberries evenly on top of the dough balls in the pan.
- Cover the remaining dough balls in butter and then in sugar and place them in the pan atop the strawberries. Top with remaining strawberries.
- Combine the remaining sugar and butter and drizzle it this over the monkey bread in the pan.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the monkey bread comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before flipping the monkey bread out onto a serving plate.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)
p.s. if you like this recipe you may also be interested in the e-book I published: Awesome Breakfast Recipes for Extra Special Occasions! It’s Available on Amazon for $3.99 and contains 20 recipes that you can’t get anywhere else!