Today I am going to share a recipe for S’more Granola! Be warned this stuff is seriously good, and it has two fiber sources so, don’t eat too much at once (wink). This granola makes an excellent snack, great to take along on outdoor adventures. It has oats, graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and milk chocolate chips!
In a large bowl place crushed graham crackers, old fashioned oatmeal, and wheat germ. Stir together.
In a small bowl melt butter. Add honey, brown sugar, hot water, salt, and vanilla. Stir together well.
Pour this liquid mixture over the oats and grahams.
Stir until well combined.
Place the granola on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. Spread it out a bit.
Bake at 250F for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool. Crumble into smaller chunks. Set aside.
Next we will toast the marshmallows. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the marshmallow on it in one layer.
Bake at 400F for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Bake again, until very browned, about 10 minutes.
Cool completely, and break into pieces.
In a large bowl place the granola, toasted marshmallows, and milk chocolate chips. Stir them together until everything is pretty evenly distributed.
Now, you can just store it in a zipper bag, either in one big bag or in individual serving bags, and enjoy! It is great for breakfast on the go or snacking. You could take some with you on your next hiking trip or outdoor adventure or just enjoy it during your work break. However you decide to eat this S’more Granola, I’m sure you are gonna enjoy it!
- 1c. old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾c. crushed graham crackers
- 2T. wheat germ
- 2T. butter, melted
- 3T. honey
- 3T. brown sugar, packed
- 4t. hot water
- ¼t. salt
- ½t. pure vanilla extract
- 4c. mini marshmallows
- 1c. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- In a medium bowl stir together the oats, grahams, and wheat germ. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, honey, brown sugar, water, salt, and vanilla.
- Combine the liquid ingredients with the oats and grahams. Stir together until well combined.
- Spread the granola out onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Bake at 250F for 1 hour. Cool completely, then break into bite size pieces.
- Spread the marshmallows out into a single layer on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake at 400F until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Return to the oven at 400F and bake until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely, break into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the granola, toasted marshmallow bites, and milk chocolate chips.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)