So, I am happy to present you with this ama-zing recipe: Ridiculously Reese’s Ice Cream! I was inspired to make it for one of my pastors, pastor Paul, because he is a peanut butter fanatic. As he puts it he is an “all caps PEANUT BUTTER lover.” Anyway, the ice cream is flavored with Reese’s baking chips, then there is a Reese’s Spread ripple, and a ridiculous amount of Reese’s candy. What do I mean by Reese’s candy? Well, it has Reese’s Pieces, Mini unwrapped Reese’s cups, Nutrageous Reese’s bar, Reese’s Sticks, Reese’s cups, and Reese’s Big Cups! If you’re not drooling yet, I’m impressed.
We start with the peanut butter ice cream. In a small bowl whip together egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Place the Reese’s baking chips in a large bowl, set aside.
In a saucepan bring sugar and half & half to a boil.
Carefully pour some of the boiling cream mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks, whisking the egg yolks the whole time.
Now, whisk all of the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the cream.
Return to the heat and stir and cook until thickened. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon and hold its position after you run your finger through it.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
Pour the hot, thickened cream over Reese’s baking chips.
Stir until melted. Cool and chill in the refrigerator overnight or in an ice bath for a bit.
Meanwhile, you can prepare all your Reese’s candy. I left the Reese’s Pieces and Mini Unwrapped Reese’s whole but chopped up all the other candies.
Just look at all the Reese’s deliciousness!
When your ice cream is well chilled stir it a few times and then it is time to freeze it in your ice cream maker!
While the ice cream freezes get your Reese’s spread ready by placing it in a microwavable bowl and melting it a bit.
Once the ice cream is frozen stir in all the Reese’s candy that you have prepared.
Now layer the Ridiculously Reese’s Ice Cream in a freezable container. Peanut butter ice cream, Reese’s Spread, ice cream, Reese’s Spread. Then swirl it all together a bit so that the Reese’s Spread becomes a nice ripple. Freeze until ready to eat!
Oh my goodness! You and whoever you share this ice cream with are going to enjoy it soooooooooooooo much!! I can’t even wait for you to make this ice cream. If you know anyone who loves Reese’s or you love Reese’s then this is your ice cream. It is so ridiculously Reese’sy!!!
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓c. sugar
- 2½c. half & half
- ⅓c. sugar
- 1t. pure vanilla extract
- ½c. Reese's Baking chips
- about 50 Reese's Pieces
- 7 mini unwrapped Reese's cups
- ⅓ of a Nutrageous Reese's Bar, chopped
- 1 Reese's Stick, chopped
- 1 Regular Reese's Cup, chopped
- 1 Reese's Big Cup (crunchy or regular), chopped
- ½c. Reese's Spread
- In a small bowl whip together the egg yolks and ⅓c. sugar until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place, the Reese's Baking Chips set aside.
- In a saucepan bring to a boil the half & half and ⅓c. sugar.
- Whisk about ½c. of the boiling cream into the egg yolks. Whisk all of the egg yolks into the saucepan with the cream.
- Return to the heat, stir and cook until thickened, The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon and hold its shape after you run your finger through it.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the Reese's Chips. Stir until melted.
- Cool, the ice cream base completely then chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Freeze the ice cream in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the Reese's Spread in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until it is just a bit easier to spread.
- Once the ice cream is frozen stir in all the Reese's candies.
- Layer the ice cream with the Reese's Spread: ice cream, spread, ice cream, spread, then a couple of stirs around to make sure the Reese's Spread forms a nice ripple. Freeze until ready to use.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)