This post may contain affiliate links.
Have you ever had a Madeleine? If you haven’t then you are missing out! These delicate little cookies, well more like mini cakes, are absolutely delicious! They are very light and flavorful. These little Raspberry Snickerdoodle Madeleines are easy to make with plenty of raspberry flavor, plus they are covered in cinnamon sugar. I did do a variation of these where I replaced the cinnamon in the cinnamon sugar with cocoa powder, which is super good too!!
First, we need to puree the raspberries. I used thawed, frozen raspberries. Just zap them up in the blender. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together egg and vanilla for 3 minutes.
Gradually beat in the sugar.
Fold in the raspberry puree and the dry ingredients.
Place the dough in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Let the dough stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, use a stick of butter to butter your Madeleine pan. Now, take what is left of that same stick of butter and melt it for later.
You can also make your cinnamon and sugar too.
Or if you want to you can make cocoa sugar so that you have Chocolate Raspberry Madeleines.
Once the dough has sat out for 15 minutes spoon the dough into the buttered Madeleine pan.
Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes, or until they spring back when gently pressed.
Flip the Madeleines out of the pan.
Dip the cookies in the melted butter.
Then dip them in the cinnamon (or cocoa) sugar.
Place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
I’m sure you are going to love these little cake-like cookies! They are super flavorful with plenty of raspberry flavor. If you happen to have leftover melted butter and cinnamon sugar you can mix them together and make cinnamon butter. Cinnamon butter is great on toast and biscuits. Happy baking, enjoy!
- ½c. flour
- ⅛t. cream of tartar
- ¼t. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1t. pure vanilla extract
- ⅓c. sugar
- ¼c. raspberry puree
- 1 stick of butter
- ½c. sugar
- 2t. ground cinnamon or cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375F. Use the stick of butter to butter the Madeleine pan. Save the rest of the stick of butter for later use in this recipe.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together egg and vanilla for 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in ⅓c. sugar.
- Fold in the raspberry puree and the dry ingredients.
- Place the dough in a small bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Set the dough at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the dough into the buttered pan and bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes or until they spring back when gently pressed.
- Meanwhile. melt the remainder of the stick of butter. Also, combine the ½c. sugar with the cinnamon or cocoa powder.
- Dump the baked cookies out of the pan and dip them in the melted butter, then coat them with the cinnamon (or cocoa) sugar. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A Epic Sweet)