Today I’d like to share a recipe with you that is inspired by a recipe form my grandmother Mary Helen Krebs. Perhaps I’ll share the original with you one day. It’s only the best blueberry pie in existence, but for now I’d like to share this Raspberry Chocolate Pie with you. It has a Oreo crust filled with a chocolaty cream cheese whipped delightfulness which is then filled with a wonderfully raspberry filling that is just so good. I think you will really enjoy it. So, lets do this!
First off you are going to want to prepare the raspberry filling. Mix the raspberries, sugar, and salt is a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Stirring occasionally. While you wait, mix the cold water and cornstarch together. Add the cornstarch to the boiling raspberry continue to cook shirring occasionally for about 2.5 minutes on medium-high heat or until the filling is thickened.
Remove form heat and add the butter, stirring until the butter is melted and well mixed in.
Place the saucepan in a bowl full of ice and a bit of water to cool the filling faster, stir occasionally.
While your raspberry filling is cooling, whip the thawed cool whip, well thawed cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and combined. Use this filling to line your Oreo crust.
When filling your crust be sure to leave a nice nest in the middle for the raspberry filling. Think wide nest not deep nest, if you make the nest too deep the raspberry filling has a tendency to fall right off when you slice it.
Once you are satisfied with your nest fill it with the raspberry filling.
Now make the decoration, chocolate shavings!!! This is actually really easy. Take your chocolate (I used a bar of Baker’s semi-sweet) and microwave it for about 15 seconds just until it is a bit softer but not super melty. Then take a vegetable peeler and shave off some chocolate.
Look at the cute little curl!!… sorry its just so cute!
I only used about 1oz but you can use as much as you would like. Sprinkle the shavings on the pie.
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- Raspberry filling:
- 12oz frozen raspberries
- ¾c. sugar
- ¼t. salt
- 4T. cornstarch
- 3T. cold water
- 1T. butter
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Filling:
- 1 small tub cool whip, thawed
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1c. powdered sugar
- ¼c. cocoa powder
- 1oz. semi-sweet Baker's chocolate
- Place the raspberries, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Stir the cold water and cornstarch together. Add this to the boiling raspberry mixture. Continue to cook stirring occasionally for about 2.5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove the saucepan form the heat. Add the butter and stir until melted and combined. Place the saucepan with the raspberry filling in it into a bowl filled with ice and some water so that the filling cools faster, stir occasionally.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer whip the cool whip, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder until smooth and well combined.
- Take you crust and fill it with the chocolate filling, making a nice nest. Not too deep. Fill the nest with the cooled raspberry filling.
- Make the chocolate shaving, microwave the chocolate for about 15 seconds just until the chocolate is softened, but not melted. Next use a vegetable peeler to shave off bits of chocolate. Sprinkle the shavings onto the pie. Now, refrigerate until ready to use or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Original recipe by: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. EpicSweet.com)
Inspired by a recipe form my grandmother Mary Helen Krebs