This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s just about time for Thanksgiving and you can’t decide what kind of pie to have… Well, why not try a pie that is a combination of three things? Why not try Pumpkin Cheesecake Pecan Pie? There is a layer of pecan in the bottom of the pie and then it is topped with a cheesecake layer and then a pumpkin layer! The pumpkin and cheesecake layers sort of entwine themselves together in a lusciously fabulous way. Also, this recipe makes 3 pies at once so you won’t have to wonder about what to do with the remaining pumpkin in the can or anything.
Let’s start by making the pecan layer. In a small bowl place corn syrup, brown sugar, an egg, melted butter, and chopped pecans. Stir together well.
Place about 2/3c. of the mixture into each pie crust.
Spread the pecan filling out as evenly as possible in the bottom of the crust.
Next, we will make the cheesecake layer. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together room temperature cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
Pour about 1 1/3 cups of the cheesecake filling into each pie crust, on top of the pecan filling.
Very carefully pour 1 1/3 cups of the pumpkin filling into each pie crust, on top of the cheesecake layer. Try to keep the pumpkin on top of the cheesecake and cover up bits of the cheesecake that try to show through. Don’t get too obsessed about it, just don’t dump all the pumpkin in one place.
Bake the pies at 425F for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350F and cook another 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. The center of the pie may still be jiggly.
Cool the pie and then refrigerate it until cold, before cutting the pie. This Pumpkin Cheesecake Pecan Pie is a combination of lots of Thanksgiving favorites and it turns out fabulous! Just add a dollop of whipped cream and you’re good to go! Your Thanksgiving guests will be delighted with this pie, and come back for seconds.
What desserts are traditional to have in your family at Thanksgiving?
- 3, 9-inch unbaked pie crusts
- For the Pecan layer:
- ½c. corn syrup
- ½c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2T. butter, melted
- 1½c. chopped pecans
- For the Cheesecake layer:
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1c. sugar
- 1t. pure vanilla extract
- For the Pumpkin layer:
- 15oz. pumpkin puree
- 12oz. evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼t. ground cloves
- ½t. ground ginger
- 1t. ground cinnamon
- ½t. salt
- ¾c. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl combine all of the Pecan layer ingredients. Scoop about ⅔c. of Pecan filling into each pie crust. Smooth the filling over the bottom of the crust.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together all of the Cheesecake layer ingredients. Pour about 1⅓c. of the Cheesecake filling over the Pecan layer in each pie crust.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the Pumpkin layer ingredients. Carefully pour 1⅓c. of the filling into each pie crust on top of the cheesecake layer. Try not to pour all of the Pumpkin layer in one spot, try to gently spread it out over the Cheesecake layer.
- Bake the pies ate 425F for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350F and continue to bake the pie for another 30-40 minutes of until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (the pie may still jiggle in the center).
- Cool completely and chill in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)