Today’s recipe combines two breakfast favorites Pop Tarts and rice crispy! While you could eat this bar for breakfast, I would recommend it as a snack instead. It has all the crispyness of a rice crispy and the flavor of the Pop Tart. The Pop Tarts I used were the Wild Berry ones, my favorite. I’m pretty sure you could use any flavor you want to try though.
As with many recipes this recipe starts with greasing the pan.
Next, melt some butter in a large pan.
While the butter is melting start to crumble up your Pop Tarts, I just used my fingers.
You want the crumbles to be pretty small but not like dust, a little bigger then the rice crispys is good.
Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, and melt the marshmallows.
Once the mallows are melted remove the pan from the heat and add the rice crispys and crumbled Pop Tarts.
Stir it up really well and press it into your prepared pan.
- 5T. butter
- 16oz mini marshmallows
- 10 Pop Tarts (I mean actually 10 tarts, not like 10 boxes of them or 10 packs)
- 5c. rice crispys
- Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting crumble up the Pop Tarts into small pieces just a bit bigger then the rice crispys.
- Once the butter is melted add the marshmallows, stir. Melt.
- When the marshmallows are melted remove the pan form the heat and stir in the rice crispys and the crumbles Pop Tarts.
- Press into the prepared jelly roll pan, with greased hands.
Original Recipe by: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)