Tis’ the season for fresh peaches! I love peaches, they are so good, juicy and sweet. Nothing tastes quite like a peach, with its little fuzzy skin. To celebrate this wonderful fruit why not make this fabulous Peaches and Cream Pie? First, you cook the peach part then you stir in some fresh peaches. The peach layer is nestled comfortably into an irresistible cream cheese layer that is in a graham cracker crust. All these flavors together combine for a completely fantastic pie that you are going to love!
First, we are going to make the peach part. You are going to chop up 1 1/2cups worth of peaches, that’s about 3-4 peaches.
Chop/mash the peaches so that they are pretty fine.
Place the peaches in a saucepan along with water, salt, cornstarch, and sugar.
Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Cook until thickened.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in butter until it is melted. Allow it to cool. You can either refrigerate it until it is cool or you can put in in a bowl over ice to cool even faster.
Once the mixture has cooled, stir in more chopped peaches. The peaches don’t have to be as finely chopped this time. You’ll need about 3 peaches for this.
Next, we make the cream cheese layer! in the bowl of your electric mixer place, non-dairy whipped topping, powdered sugar, and cream cheese. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature all the way through, otherwise it will turn out lumpy.
Beat until beautifully silky.
Place the cream cheese layer in the graham cracker crust.
Spread the cream cheese layer out, making a nice nest in the middle. With the nest, it is best to go wide vs. deep. If you go too deep the peach filling has a tendency to spill out more.
Now just add you fully cooled peach filling to the nest, and you’re done!
I think that this Peaches and Cream Pie is served best after it has been refrigerated overnight. It’s pretty good the day you make it too, but differently better the day after! You and however you share this pie with are going to absolutely love it. It is a great pie to take to picnics or family reunions.
What is your favorite way to use fresh peaches?
- 1 large graham cracker crust
- For the Peach Layer:
- ¼c. water
- pinch salt
- 3T. cornstarch
- ⅓c. sugar
- 1½c. finely chopped/mashed fresh peaches, pitted and peeled
- 1½c. chopped peaches, pitted and peeled
- 1T. butter
- For the Cream Cheese layer:
- 8oz. non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 8oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2c. powdered sugar
- For the Peach Layer:
- Place the water, salt, cornstarch, and finely chopped/mashed peaches in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring often. Cook and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Cool completely.
- Stir in the chopped peaches. Set aside.
- For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- Place the whipped topping, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat together until well combined and silky.
- Spread the cream cheese layer into the graham cracker crust. Make a nest in the middle, try to go wide vs. deep with the nest.
- Fill the nest with the fully cooled Peach Layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Inspired By: my Grandma Kred’s Blueberry Pie
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)
p.s. If you like this pie you might also like to check out: Raspberry Chocolate Pie, Lemon Cheesecake Pie, Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Pie (great for the holidays!), or Caramel Apple Cheesecake Pie (a personal favorite)!