This post may contain affiliate links.
It’s time to have sweets for breakfast! Who doesn’t love to have sweets for breakfast, at least occasionally? These Peach Sticky Buns are a perfect summer breakfast treat. Of course, you don’t have to have them for breakfast, they are also great as a snack or as dessert. Just ask my dad, he practically ate a whole pan by himself! Talk about tasty – he LOVES them! These Peach Sticky Buns are basically a cinnamon roll with a peach topping, so good.
In a large bowl place hot water and yeast. Stir together.
Next, stir in the sugar, salt, eggs, soft butter, and flour.
Stir until well combined. Let rise one and a half hours.
Meanwhile, stir together brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
Roll the dough out into a large rectangle on a floured surface.
Brush the dough with melted butter.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture.
Roll the dough up like a jelly roll.
Use a bench scraper to cut off the ends of the dough log and to cut the dough into 2-inch rolls.
In a greased 9-inch round cake pan mix together melted butter and brown sugar.
Next place the peeled and pitted peaches on top. You can either just chop the peaches up or you can slice them and make your sticky buns look a bit fancier.
Place the cut rolls on top of the peaches in the cake pan.
Allow to rise one hour.
Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until well browned.
Place your serving plate on top of the cake pan.
Turn everything upside down so that the cake pan is now on top.
Remove the pan and voila!
Allow the buns to cool slightly before eating them. These sticky buns also taste great cold, but I think we all liked them best warm. If you have extras just cover them tightly with plastic wrap. You can reheat them in the microwave too, just cover them with a moist paper towel and heat them for about 15-30 seconds. I’m sure you are going to very much enjoy these sticky buns.
Question for you: what kind of sticky bun do you think would be good?
- ¾c. hot tap water
- 4½t. instant yeast
- ½c. sugar
- 1t. salt
- 2 eggs
- Stick soft butter
- 4c. flour
- 4T. butter, melted
- ⅓c. brown sugar, packed
- 2t. ground cinnamon
- 5T. butter, melted
- 5T. brown sugar, packed
- 3 peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped or sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F grease a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together hot water and yeast.
- Add the sugar, salt, eggs, stick of soft butter, and flour.
- Stir together well. Place the dough in a well-greased bowl, cover and let rise 1.5 hours.
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle on a floured surface.
- Brush the dough with 4T. melted butter. Combine the ⅓c. brown sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle that over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough up jelly roll style. Cut off the ends, cut the dough into 2-inch rolls.
- In the greased cake pan stir together the 5T melted butter and the 5T. brown sugar. Place the peaches on top.
- Place the roll on top of the peaches in the pan cover and let rise 1 more hour.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until well browned.
- Once done place the serving plate on top of the cake pan, turn everything upside down so the cake pan in on top. Remove the cake pan.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)