Hello there friend,
Well, here we are in the second post of National Peach Month! This recipe for Peach Dumplings is definitely one that you are going to want to try. It will also need to be in your recipe book. It’s super easy to make and tastes… sublime! Mmm… served warm with a vanilla ice cream, yum! As stated in the title of this post you make these peach dumplings with crescent rolls! Okay, enough reasons to make them, let’s just do it!
See peaches and crescent rolls, so easy! Even the Doughboy is excited about this ; )
First, get your peaches ready. You will want to pit, peel, and cut the two peaches into quarters. So, you end up with 8 wedges.
Now, get out your crescent rolls.
Place a peach wedge onto the wide end of a crescent roll.
Roll the crescent roll up around the peach. Repeat with remaining crescent rolls and peaches.
Next, combine some cinnamon with sugar.
Roll the crescent roll wrapped peach in the cinnamon sugar.
Place the dumpling in a greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
In a blender puree some more peeled, pitted peaches.
Place the pureed peaches, butter, and some sugar in a saucepan.
Heat and stir until the mixture comes to a boil and the butter is totally melted.
Pour this mixture over the dumplings in the 9×13-inch pan. Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until well browned.
Cool slightly and serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
People, peaches are delicious, take advantage of them while they are in season! I can assure you that this is going to be one of those recipes that you make over and over again. It’s quick, it’s simple, and most of all it’s delicious! Apple dumplings, meh -peach dumplings, inspired! I can hardly wait for you to try this recipe, let me know how it turns out in the comments and any little things you do to change it to make this recipe uniquely yours.
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into quarters (8 wedges total)
- 1 can refrigerator crescent rolls
- ½c. sugar
- 1t. ground cinnamon
- 1c. sugar
- 1c. peach puree (just zup up some peeled, pitted peaches in a blender)
- ½c. butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. thoroughly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Place a peach wedge at the wide end of each crescent roll. Roll the crescent rolls up around the peaches.
- In a medium bowl combine the ½c. sugar with the cinnamon. Roll each crescent wrapped peach in the cinnamon sugar. Place the dumplings in the prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan combine the butter, 1c. sugar, and peach puree. Bring to a boil stirring often.
- Pour the mixture from the saucepan over the dumplings.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 minutes or until the dumplings are nicely browned.
- Let cool slightly before serving the peach dumplings hot with some vanilla ice cream!
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)