This post may contain affiliate links.
Happy Independence Day USA!
What says 4th of July like red, white, and blue? Not much. So, I’ve made these super cute and easy Patriotic Brownies! They are really easy too: just a brownie mix, fresh blueberries and raspberries, and some whipped cream. The brownie mix is made according to the package directions, except that I used melted butter in place of vegatable oil. A prefect red, white, and blue dessert! Let’s get started.
First, we will whip up the brownie. In a large bowl place brownie mix, melted butter, water, and eggs.
Stir together well. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
Pour the batter into a the parchment paper lined pan. Spread the batter evenly.
Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted about 2 inched from the edge comes out clean. Cool completely.
Remove the brownies from the pan using the parchment paper. Cut away any uneven edges. Feel free to do whatever you want to with the scrap brownie.
Use a star cookie cutter to cut a star in the brownie, not too close to the edge, but also not too far from the edge, like this:
Continue until all the brownie is cut into squares with a star cut out of the center of each of them.
Place a brownie on a plate. Fill the star cut-out with fresh berries, a mixture of blueberries and raspberries. Repeat with all brownie squares.
Whip to stiff peaks.
Now, you can either pipe or dollop the whipped cream into the center of the brownie, right on top of the fruit. Make sure you can see red, white, and blue.
Your Patriotic Brownies are ready to serve! Rich brownie, fresh berries, and whipped cream, what could be better? I’m sure that you and your 4th of July company will love these Patriotic Brownies. They are an excellent addition to you celebration!
- 18.4oz fudge brownie mix
- ⅔c. melted butter
- ¼c. water
- 2 eggs
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh raspberries
- ½c. heavy whipping cream
- ¼c. powdered sugar
- ⅛t. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl stir together brownie mix, melted butter, water, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Spread batter evenly.
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inched from the side comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Remove the brownie from the pan. Cut away any uneven edges. Use a star cookie cutter to cut a star in the brownies, about ¼-1/2 -inch away from the edge.
- Cut a square around the cut-out star, so that the star is in the middle of the square. Repeat with remaining brownie.
- Place the brownie squares (with a star cut-out of the middle) onto plates.
- Fill the star cut-out with blueberries and raspberries.
- In a large bowl whip together the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Pipe or dollop whipped cream onto each brownie so that you can see all the colors red, white, and blue.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)