This post may contain affiliate links.
These are called Mini Snickerdoodle Apple Hand Pies, but they could just as easily be called turnovers. They are super easy to make and eat! They are made with purchased puff pastry so you don’t even have to worry about making the dough. The addition of rolling the hand pies in cinnamon sugar before baking really makes these little guys extra good.
In a small bowl place cinnamon, brown sugar, and finely chopped apples.
Stir together. Set aside.
Unfold your thawed puff pastry. Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut out the dough, you should get about 18 or so.
Spoon a small amount of the apple mixture into the center of each pie.
Use a small, clean paint brush to paint water around the outside of the circle of dough.
Fold the dough over the apple filling and seal it with a fork.
Place the hand pie in a bowl of cinnamon sugar, turn to coat.
Place the hand pie on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
Bake at 400F for 18-23 minutes or until golden brown and well puffed.
See, you’re done already! I told you it was easy. Now once they cool just a bit you can eat them! You are really going to enjoy these Mini Snickerdoodle Apple Hand Pies. They are best the first or second day. If you can’t eat them that fast freeze them in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy!
Where is your favorite place to find fresh apples?
- ½c. apple, peeled cored and finely chopped
- 2T. brown sugar, packed
- ¼t. ground cinnamon
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
- about 1c. cinnamon and sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Unfold the puff pastry and cut it into 2-inch circles, it should make about 18.
- Spoon a small amount of the apple filling into the center of each puff pastry circle.
- Brush the edges of the puff pastry with water, fold the pastry over the filling, and seal with a fork.
- Place the hand pie in the cinnamon sugar and turn to coat. Place on the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining hand pies.
- Bake at 400F for 18-23 minutes or until golden brown and well puffed.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)