This post may contain affiliate links.
So, you have been invited to a cookie exchange and you want to do something different. Then this recipe is for you! Of course, you can use this recipe for things other then cookie exchanges it’s great for family gatherings too. This recipe is super fun, basically it is a big batch of cookie dough that is then divided into 4 different parts and then each part is made into a different flavor of cookie dough! From the one batch of cookie dough, you get to make chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate cookie dough with white chocolate chips, peanut butter cookie dough with Reese’s Pieces, and oatmeal cherry (or raisin) cookie dough.
In the bowl of an electric mixer place butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla.
Add flour and salt to the mixer and mix until well combined.
Place the dough onto the counter and divide it into 4 equal parts.
Place one of the four parts into the mixer and add mini chocolate chips. Mix until well combined.
Take the dough out of the mixer.
Place a different piece of dough into the mixer and add to it, cocoa powder, milk, and white chocolate chips. Mix it all up.
Take the dough out of the mixer, and place it with the others. You will want to wash out your mixing bowl at this point.
Place a different section of dough into the clean mixing bowl and to it add, peanut butter, flour, and Reese’s Pieces. Mix it well.
Place the dough with the others.
Place your last section of dough into the mixer and add milk, oatmeal, cinnamon, and dried cherries or raisins.
Set the dough with the others.
Next, you need to roll one of the doughs into a log.
Roll the log in waxed paper. Repeat with remaining three doughs. Place dough logs into the refrigerator and chill for about 1 hour.
Once the dough is chilled remove it from the refrigerator and cut it into 1/2 inch pieces using a bench scraper. You may need to re-shape them slightly.
Place the cookie dough pieces onto a serving tray and they are all ready to go! Keep them refrigerated until ready to use if possible.
- 2c. butter, soft
- 1c. sugar
- 2c. brown sugar, packed
- 2t. pure vanilla extract
- 4c. flour
- ½t. salt
- For the chocolate chip cookie dough:
- ⅔c. mini chocolate chips
- For the chocolate cookie dough with white chocolate:
- ⅓c. cocoa powder
- 3t. milk
- ½c. white chocolate chips
- For the peanut butter cookie dough:
- ⅓c. peanut butter
- ⅓c. flour
- ½c. Reese's Pieces
- For the oatmeal cookie dough:
- 1t. milk
- ¼c. oatmeal
- ½c. raisins or dried cherries
- ¼t. ground cinnamon
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add 4c. flour and salt, mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. place one part back into the mixer.
- Add the mini chocolate chips to the mixer and stir until well combined. Set chocolate chip cookie dough aside.
- Place another part of the cookie dough into the mixer and add cocoa powder, 3t. milk, and white chocolate chips to it. Mix well, set aside.
- Place a different part of the cookie dough into the mixer and add peanut butter, ⅓c. flour, and Reese's Pieces. Mix well and set aside.
- To the last section of dough add 1t. milk, oatmeal, cinnamon, and dried fruit.
- Roll each of the four pieces of cookie dough into log and roll them in waxed paper. Refrigerate the dough logs for 1 hour.
- Once the dough is chilled, slice logs into ½ inch pieces. Place dough on serving platter.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)