This post may contain affiliate links.
Today’s recipe is a modification of a recipe that I make at work. The original is called Praline Crunch Bars, but it’s made with almonds and not pecans, so that is weird. I usually only see pralines made with pecans. Anyway, I usually make it with pecans if we have them at work. It is usually quite a hit at work so I modified it so it is even better and easier to make at home. If you like pecan pie you are gonna like these Gooey Pecan Bars! Plus, this recipe is super fast and easy to make.
Grease a 9×13-inch cake pan, set aside.
In the bowl of your electric mixer place yellow cake mix, quick cooking oats, melted butter, and ground cinnamon.
Beat until well combined, the mixture will be stiff. Divide the dough in half.
Place half of the dough into the greased cake pan. Press the dough out evenly.
In a large bowl place corn syrup (this is the gooey part of the Gooey Pecan Bars), eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and chopped pecans.
Whisk together well.
Pour this mixture into the cake pan. Spread out evenly if needed.
Sprinkle on the remaining half of the dough.
Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Cool completely before cutting.
This dessert is so easy to whip up and tastes great! You can store these bars at room temperature in an airtight container. You are going to love making these Gooey Pecan Bars and eating them too. You could take this recipe so many places, for instance: what if you replaced the yellow cake for chocolate cake mix? or replaced the pecans with peanuts? Just some thoughts, perhaps more variations of this recipe coming your way soon!
What variations of this recipe would you like to see?
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1¼c. quick cooking oats
- 1c. butter, melted
- 1T. ground cinnamon
- 1c. corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1c. brown sugar
- 2t. pure vanilla extract
- 2c. chopped pecans
- ½c. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F, thoroughly grease a 9x13-inch cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together cake mix, quick oats, 1c. melted butter, and cinnamon.
- Press half of the dough into your greased cake pan, set the other half aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together corn syrup, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, pecans, and ½c. melted butter. Pour over mixture in cake pan.
- Evenly sprinkle on the remaining dough.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until well browned and bubbling.Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe inspired by a recipe I make at work, Modified by: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)