Do you remember the Gingerbread cake with Lick-Dab I posted back in February of 2015? This is very similar, but it is much easier to eat, no dirtying of dishes and things. You use a gingerbread cake/cookie mix, bake it in a mini muffin tin, and fill each with lick-dab! They are very easy to make and they taste great. If you like gingerbread you will love this! Of course, if you don’t like gingerbread very much (neither do I, unless it is slathered in lick-dab) you will still love this!
First, we make the cookies. In a bowl combine the gingerbread cake/cookie mix with a tablespoon of flour.
To this add milk and melted butter. Stir together well.
Roll the dough into 24 equalish sized balls. If you want to you can roll the balls in sugar before you put them into a mini muffin pan. You don’t have to if you don’t want to, but it adds a nice little sparkle to the cookies and a little crunch.
Place the balls into an ungreased mini muffin tin.
Bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the lick-dab. In a saucepan combine water, sugar, butter, vanilla, and cornstarch.
Heat and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
Once the cookies come out of the oven immediately use a melon baller to make little wells in the middle of each cookie.
Remove the cookies from the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool. While they cool you can fill them with the lick-dab, it works best to put the lick-dab into a piping bag and pipe it into the wells in the cookies.
Aren’t they cute!
- For the Gingerbread cookie:
- 14.5oz gingerbread cookie/cake mix
- 1T. flour
- ¼c. milk
- 2T. butter, melted
- Sugar for coating cookies (optional)
- For the Lick-Dab:
- ½c. water
- ¼c. sugar
- 2T butter
- 1½t. pure vanilla extract
- 1T. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl stir together gingerbread and flour. Add the milk and melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Roll dough into 24 balls and roll each ball in sugar, if desired. Place the dough balls into a mini muffin tin and bake at 375F for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a melon baller to make little wells in the center of each cookie.
- Remove the cookies from the muffin tin and place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Next, make the lick-dab. Place all the lick-dab ingredients into a saucepan and stir and cook until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a bit. Place the lick-dab into a piping bag with a small hole in it and pipe the lick-dab into the wells in each cookie. Cool completely.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)
Inspired By: My Aunt Beverly’s Gingerbread Cake with Lick-Dab