Do you love peanut butter cups? I mean do you LOVE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!!!! Because I sure do, I could eat peanut butter cups every day of the week! Plus, there are so many different kinds: regular, deep cup, white chocolate covered, miniature, mini unwrapped, even 1/2lb peanut butter cups at the holidays! While I love mini things, what about a GIANT Peanut Butter Cup? I’m talking like a 6lb peanut butter cup! Well, perhaps that is overkill… NOT! This Giant Peanut Butter Cup is definitely meant to be shared. Plus, this Giant Peanut Butter Cup is ridiculously easy to make!
To start you need to line a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Now you need to chop up enough Reese’s cups to make 3 cups, set aside. That’s right folks a Giant Peanut Butter Cup with chopped peanut butter cups in it!
In the bowl of your electric mixer beat together powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, soft butter, and marshmallow creme.
Next, stir in the chopped Reese’s cups until well incorporated.
Remove about 1/3 of the mixture for later.
Place 2/3’s of the peanut buttery goodness into your parchment lined spring form pan.
Press the peanut buttery goodness out until it is fairly smooth and even. Freeze for about 1 hour, or until firm.
Remove the pan and place the peanut buttery goodness on a piece of parchment paper.
Now, it’s time to use the remaining 1/3 of the peanut buttery goodness. Roll it into logs and place it all around the edge like so:
Next, use your hand to smooth it out and create a slight downward slope, like a peanut butter cup has.
Use a skewer to make little vertical marks in the side of the cup has. Freese for another hour.
Once the peanut butter cup has been in the freezer for almost an hour it is time to melt some milk chocolate chips!
Once the chocolate is melted stir in some vegetable oil to thin the chocolate a bit so that it will be easier to spread and to cut later.
Spread the chocolate over the peanut butter cup in a thin layer. Be sure to coat the sides well. Return to the freezer about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
Carefully flip the peanut butter cup over.
Spread melted chocolate on this side too. Freeze until the chocolate is firm.
Now, use a knife to cut off any extra chocolate from around the edge. Be sure to store this Giant Peanut Butter Cup in the refrigerator or in the freezer for longer storage. I am sure that you and your peanut butter cup loving family and friends are going to love this Giant Peanut Butter Cup! It is a very impressive dessert and people will think you are the best chef EVER if you make this. It also works very well as a birthday cake for those you know who are completely obsessed with peanut butter cups. Oh, I should also say the best way to cut this is with a hot knife, unless you just want to pass it around and let everyone take a bite.
What is your favorite chocolate peanut butter dessert?
- 4c. powdered sugar
- 2c. creamy peanut butter
- 2t. pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter, soft
- 14 oz. marshmallow creme
- 3c. chopped peanut butter cups
- 2c. milk chocolate chips
- 3T. vegetable oil
- Line a 9-nch spring form pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, butter, and marshmallow creme.
- Stir in the peanut butter cups until well combined.
- Remove ⅓ of the mixture, set aside.
- Place the remaining ⅔s in the parchment lined spring form pan. Press out evenly. Freeze until firm about 1 hour.
- Remove the pan and place the peanut butter "cake" on a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the raining ⅓ of the mixture into logs and place them around to outside of the "cake." Use your hand to smooth the logs into a downward slope around the "cake" so that a peanut butter cup shape is formed.
- Use a skewer to make vertical grooves around the slope. Freeze another hour.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Stir in the vegetable oil until well combined.
- Spread some of the melted chocolate over the peanut butter cup to form a smooth, fairly thin layer of chocolate.
- Freeze until the chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.
- Flip the peanut butter cup over and spread chocolate over the top in a thin, smooth layer. Freeze until set.
- Use a knife to cut away any extra chocolate form around the edges of the peanut butter cup.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)