I’m so excited for this recipe! It is super, crazy easy to make and it tastes A-MA-ZING! You guys are gonna love it! So, it is like salsa but instead of tomatoes, onions, and peppers (obviously that wouldn’t be Epic Sweet) it’s made with fruit! This Fruit Salsa contains strawberries, raspberries, pomegranate, apple, and kiwi! So, obviously with all that fruit it is healthy, but also epic sweet. The best thing is, it can be eaten as a side dish, not just a dessert! Dessert as a side, count me in.
Peel and dice your kiwis. Place them in a large bowl.
Peel, core, and dice your apples. Place the diced apples into the bowl with the kiwis.
Add the thawed strawberries, raspberries, and pomegranate arils.
Stir it all together well. Add sugar, brown sugar, and jelly. You can use any flavor or variety of jelly you like I’ve done it with raspberry, strawberry, even orange marmalade. Happy little spoon : D
Stir it all in well. Now just grab a cinnamon sugar pita chip and taste the fantastic salsa you just made!
- 16oz frozen sliced strawberries with sugar, thawed
- 10oz frozen pomegranate arils, thawed
- 12oz frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 5 small kiwis, peeled and diced
- 3T. jelly, any flavor
- 2T. brown sugar, packed
- 1T. sugar
- In a large bowl stir together the fruit.
- Stir in the jelly and sugars, until well combined.
- Enjoy with cinnamon sugar pita chips.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)
p.s. I found the frozen pomegranate arils at Kroger, I’m not sure if they are sold elsewhere or not.