This recipe is so simple, only 4 ingredients! These pops don’t take too long to make either. Plus, it tastes pretty great too! If you like caramel you are bound to like these.
First, we make the dulce de leche part. Whip one cup of heavy cream to medium-stiff peaks.
Fold in one can of dulce de leche.
Continue to fold until there are no more lumps. Refrigerate for now.
Line a couple of pans with parchment paper.
Next melt some butter and chocolate chips together. Stir. For salted caramel pops use salted butter, for just caramel pops use unsalted butter.
Spoon some of the melted chocolate onto the prepared pans and spread it just a bit so that it forms a small circle. Spoon them all around the side of the pan, but not in the middle. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Now, fill a piping bag with the dulce de leche cream you just made.
Pipe small mounds of the cream into the centers of each chocolate circle. Pipe it so that you can still see some chocolate round the edge of the cream mound.
Collect your popsicle sticks and insert them into the cream section.
Place the stick up slightly so that it is not right against the chocolate, but rather suspended by the dulce de leche cream. Freeze for 30 minutes.
Next, melt more chocolate chips and butter together. (ewww looks gross!)
Stir it up good. (that’s better)
Remove what you have so far from the freezer and spoon your melted chocolate over the top. Be sure to cover the whole thing, and don’t worry if it puddles a bit.
You can also add sprinkles right now if you want too!!
Freeze for another 15 minutes. Then enjoy!!! Leftovers can be saved in an air tight container in the freezer.
- 1c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- 2½c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2½ sticks of butter (salted or unsalted)
- Whip the cream to medium-stiff peaks.
- Fold in the dulce de leche, until no lumps remain. cover and refrigerate for later.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips with 1 stick of butter. Stirring well.
- Spoon tablespoons of chocolate onto the lined pan all around the edge. Smooth the chocolate slightly so that it forms small circles. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Place the caramel cream in a piping bag and cut a large whole in the end for piping. Pipe a mound of the cream into the center of each chocolate circle. Don't pipe the cream all the way to the edge of the chocolate circle, leave a little space so you can still see some chocolate. Freeze another 30 minutes.
- Incest popsicle sticks into the the cream, just a it lower then the middle of the cream. So, not right up against the chocolate.
- Melt together the remaining chocolate chips and butter. Stirring well. Spoon over the caramel cream mounds, be sure to cover the whole thing. Add sprinkles if you wish. Freeze another 15 minutes at least.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the freezer.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)