Today’s recipe is one that I discovered by accident. I was at work one day and we had rice crispy treats on the menu, but we didn’t have any crisp rice cereal. So, I looked at what else we had raisin bran, corn flakes, special K, cheerios… frosted flakes… why not! Anyway, they turned out awesome, super crispy. After I made them I thought “wouldn’t it be good with peanuts?” Yes! That is where this recipe came from, I think you are going to enjoy it.
First, we thoroughly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. Next, in a dutch oven melt your butter.
Add the marshmallows and melt them too, stirring often so that the mallows are all coated in butter.
Once the Marshmallows are melted remove them from the heat and stir in the frosted flakes and peanuts.
Stir them in good.
Use your greased hands to press the mixture into your prepared pan.
Allow them to set a bit, slice, and enjoy!
- 5T. butter
- 16oz miniature marshmallows
- 8c. frosted flakes
- 1½c. cocktail peanuts
- Thoroughly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large dutch oven melt the butter. Add the marshmallows, stir and heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the frosted flakes and peanuts.
- Press the mixture into your prepared pan. Allow to cool before slicing.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)