This post may contain affiliate links.
So, I’m sure you have had fruit cobbler, and you may have had chocolate cobbler. But have you ever had Chocolate Fresh Fruit Cobbler?! It is amazing! This recipe is great because you can use any kind of fresh fruit that you think would taste good. I’ve used raspberries and bing cherries. The pictures that I used are from when I made the cobbler with fresh bing cherries. I’m sure strawberries would be an excellent choice too.
In an 8×11-inch baking pan place one stick of butter. Melt the butter in the preheating oven.
In a large bowl place the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and milk.
Whisk together well.
Next, prepare your fruit. Remember you can use any kind of fresh fruit you would like.
Mix the fruit with sugar.
Once the butter is melted remove the baking pan from the oven and pour in the chocolate batter.
Spoon the fruit in onto of that.
Lastly, sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
Bake the cobbler in a 350F oven for 45 minutes.
This cobbler is excellent served warm with vanilla ice cream. You can save leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerated and just reheat it in the microwave later. This cobbler is so good the middle is almost like a pudding, while the outside is more solid. Try making the cobbler with all different kinds of fruit or even a combination of fruits! Chocolate Fresh Fruit Cobbler is fast to whip up, depending on the fruit you choose and tastes fantastic!
What kind of fruit would you make this Chocolate Fresh Fruit Cobbler with?
- 1 stick of butter
- 1¼c. flour
- ¼c. cocoa powder
- 1½c. sugar
- 2t. baking powder
- 1½c. milk
- 3c. fresh fruit, prepared and ready
- 1c. sugar
- ⅔c. mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place the stick of butter in an 8x11-inch baking pan. Place the pan in the oven to melt the butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, 1½c. sugar, baking powder, and milk. Pour this over the melted butter in the pan.
- Combine the fruit with 1c. sugar. Spoon over the chocolate batter.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)