So, have you ever eaten at an O’Charley’s restaurant? We used to eat there fairly often and when we did we would get a slice of caramel pie and pass it around because one slice per person was way too rich! I used to LOVE that caramel pie! Well, these little Caramel Pielettes are inspired by O’Charley’s caramel pie. They are just the right size, not too big. They have all the flavor, graham cracker crust, dulce de leche filling, and whipped cream on top. They are also quite easy to make.
First, you need to crush 2 sleeves worth of graham crackers.
Then in a large microwave safe bowl melt 2 sticks of butter.
Stir the graham cracker crumbs and some sugar into the melted butter.
Place spoon fulls of the graham cracker mixture into a mini muffin pan.
Use your fingers to press the graham crumbles up the sides and into the bottom of the wells.
It should look about like this.
Now bake them for 10 minutes at 350F.
As you can see they puffed back up in the middle! Don’t worry, just use a melon baller to press an indent into the middle of each cup.
Place the mini muffin pan on a wire rack to cool.
Fill a piping bag with dulce de leche and cut a small hole in the end of it.
Fill the graham crusts with the dulce de leche.
Now, use a small icing spatula to carefully remove the graham cracker cups from the mini muffin pan. It works best to do this after you have filled the cups. The first time I made these I removed them before filling the cups and several of the broke when I was trying to remove them.
Next, we will make the whipped cream. In a large bowl place heavy cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
Whip together until stiff peaks form. I like to use egg beaters for this.
Fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip with the whipped cream. Pipe the whipped cream onto the Caramel Pielettes.
Top with mini chocolate chips and toasted pecans, if desired.
If you are a caramel lover then you are sure to enjoy these Caramel Pielettes. They are easy to make and completely delicious! Oh, I almost forgot to say, they taste way better after they have chilled so don’t try one before they are chilled. You’ll be glad you waited. Enjoy!
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2T. sugar
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- ½c. heavy whipping cream
- ¼c. powdered sugar
- ⅛t. pure vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips and toasted pecans to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stir together crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar.
- Spoon mixture into the wells of a mini muffin tin.
- Use press the crumbs up against the sides and bottom of the wells.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Use a melon baller to re-make the dents in the graham cracker crusts. Cool.
- Fill a piping bag with the dulce de leche. Pipe the dulce de leche into the mini graham crusts.
- Whip together the heavy cream , powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip to stiff peaks.
- Use a star tip to pipe the whipped cream onto the Caramel Pielettes.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and toasted pecans.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. EpicSweet)