This post may contain affiliate links.
Caramel Filled Brownie Truffles, WHAT?! I know it sounds pretty crazy. You are gonna love this truffle! Basically, you take a brownie, cut it into squares, squish each brownie square to a flat piece, place a ball of frozen Dulce de Leche in the middle, cover the caramel with the brownie, and then dip it in chocolate. Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it? These are not difficult to make and they are super impressive, and delicious!
Bake a (9×13-inch) brownie mix according to package directions in an 8×8-inch cake pan. The only thing I changed when I baked my brownie was that I used melted butter in place of the vegetable oil. Cool completely. Once the brownies have cooled cut away the edges and then cut the remaining brownie into about 36 pieces. We aren’t going to use the edges, so you can munch on them if you want to.
Line a second sheet pan with waxed or parchment paper. Press one of the squares of brownie into a flat piece.
Place a blob of frozen Dulce de Leche in the middle.
Cover the caramel with the flattened brownie. Carefully, form the brownie into a ball. Place the brownie ball on the second paper lined pan. Repeat with remaining brownie squares. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, you can melt your chocolate candy melts, place a piece of parchment paper down on your countertop, and get your dipping station set up.
Working with one brownie ball at a time, dip the ball in the melted chocolate.
Carefully, and gently tap off excess chocolate.
Place the chocolate dipped brownie on the parchment paper and top with sprinkles.
Repeat with remaining brownie balls.
You are going to love making these Caramel Filled Brownie Truffles! They are so good and so much fun. People are going to love them and think you must be the best pastry chef ever! Oh, if you find that the brownie is sticking to you really bad while you are flattening them, just wash your hands and dry them really well. That should help keep the brownie from sticking, for a bit anyway. Enjoy!
- one family size brownie mix (for a 9x13-inch pan)
- ¼c. water
- 2 eggs
- ⅔c. melted butter
- about ½ a can of Dulce de Leche
- chocolate candy melts
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Make the brownie according to the package directions, baking it in an 8x8-inch baking pan. Cool completely.
- Cut away the edge of the brownie and cut the remaining brownie into 36 squares. Cover well and set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and use the small end of a melon baller to scoop out portions of Dulce de Leche onto the parchment.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Flatten a brownie square into a fairly thin, flat layer. Place a frozen ball of Dulce de Leche in the middle. Cover the caramel with the flattened brownie. Roll into a ball and place on a second parchment paper lined sheet pan. Repeat with remaining brownie squares. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Melt the candy melts. Working with one brownie ball at a time, dip the ball in chocolate, tap off excess chocolate, and set on a piece of parchment paper, sprinkle with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining brownie balls.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)