Okay, enough of this “healthy” stuff! Let’s have some real desserts, something creamy, something sweet, something… cake batter flavored! Yes, that’s it Cake Batter Pudding!!! This pudding is thick, creamy, sweet, and oh so cake battery!!! I can’t wait anymore, let’s make it.
In a saucepan whisk together cornstarch and yellow cake mix.
Whisk in whole milk and heavy cream.
Heat and whisk until the pudding thickens. Keep a close eye on it because it happens fast!
Remove the pudding from the heat and whisk in vanilla and butter. As you can see mine got glumpy, lumpy. Dont’ worry we are gonna fix that.
Place a strainer over a bowl and use a spatula to press the pudding through the strainer, to get rid of the lumps.
All done, with the strainer.
Now, place your pudding either in a large bowl or in individual serving bowls. Place plastic wrap right on the top of the pudding, press it right onto the surface of the pudding.
Refrigerate until chilled and ready to use. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, enjoy!!
- 1¾c. yellow cake mix
- 3T. cornstarch
- 2c. whole milk
- ½c. heavy whipping cream
- 1t. pure vanilla extract
- 2T. butter
- whipped cream (to decorate)
- sprinkles (to decorate)
- In a saucepan whisk together cake mix and cornstarch.
- Whisk in the milk and heavy cream.
- Heat and stir until the pudding thickens.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and butter until the butter is melted.
- Use a spatula to press the pudding through a strainer to get rid of any lumps.
- Place in a bowl or individual serving bowls and place plastic wrap over the top, pressed right against the surface of the pudding.
- Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles!
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)