This recipe is very good, not super chocolatey, a hint on butterscotch, and plenty of peanut butter flavor. These brownies also have Reese’s Pieces on the top that add a delightful crunch. Moreover the brownies are very fudgy, which is always a good thing! So, without further eloquence, I give you the Butterscotch Peanut Butter Brownie.
First, you grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
Then, in a medium sauce pan melt the butter, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips over medium heat.
Be sure to stir it lots.
Once melted remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and whisk in the sugars.
Next, whisk in the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
Whisk in the flour and salt until fully incorporated.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Sprinkle the batter with Reese’s Peanut Butter chips and Reese’s Pieces.
Bake at 325F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted about 2 inches from the edge comes out almost completely clean.
Cool and cut. If you cut them when they are just a little bit warm still and eat them like that…. mmmm…. they are sooooo good. The perfect bite. Enjoy!
- 1c. butterscotch chips
- 1c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½c. butter
- ¾c. brown sugar, packed
- ¾c. sugar
- ¼c. buttermilk
- ½t. pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1½c. flour
- ½t. salt
- ¾c. Reese's Pieces
- 1c. Reese's Peanut Butter chips
- Preheat oven to 325F and thoroughly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter, butterscotch chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips over medium heat. Stir often.
- Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in both sugars.
- Whisk in eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Thoroughly whisk in the flour and salt. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the batter with the Reese's Pieces and Reese's Peanut Butter chips.
- Bake at 325F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted about 2 inches form the edge comes out almost completely clean.
- Cool and cut.
Original Recipe by: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)