There is nothing quite like a Butterfinger, the weird layery, peanut buttery inside coated in that super thin milk chocolate. They are quite delightful. They are also quite good in a rice cripsy treat! Basically, this is a rice crispy treat with crushed Butterfingers in it and on top of it, with a drizzle of milk chocolate. Very good, if a little messy.
We start with the Butterfingers. You will need five Butterfingers a ziploc bag and a meat mallet!
Unwrap the Butterfingers and place them in the ziploc bag.
Beat them with the flat sides of the mallet until they are good and crumbly. These five Butterfingers are the ones that are going in the rice crsipy.
Now repeat, only this time you only need three Butterfingers. Set these aside, they are for the decoration.
Next we work on the crispys. Grease a jelly roll pan.
Next, melt butter in a large dutch oven.
Once it is melted, stir in the marshmallows.
Continue to cook and stir until the marshmallows are melted.
Remove the dutch oven form the heat and stir in the crisp rice cereal.
Once the cereal is almost totally stirred in, add the five crushed Butterfingers.
Stir them in well.
Now, press the crispys out onto the pan that you prepared earlier.
Now, grab the three Butterfingers that you crushed up and sprinkle them over the crispys, pressing them in slightly.
Now with your melted milk chocolate, in a piping bag with a tiny hole cut in the end, drizzle all over the crispy.
Allow to set for a little while, then cut and enjoy!
- 8 regular Butterfingers
- 5T. Butter
- 16oz. mini marshmallows
- 9c. crisp rice cereal
- ¼c. milk chocolate chips
- In a freezer ziploc bag crush 5 Butterfingers with the flat side of a meat mallet. Repeat in a different freezer bag with the remaining 3 Butterfingers, set aside.
- Thoroughly grease a jelly roll pan.
- In a large dutch oven melt the butter.
- Stir in the marshmallows. Heat and stir until the mallows are melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the rice cereal.
- Stir in the 5 crushed Butterfingers.
- Press this mixture the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 3 crushed Butterfingers. Press in slightly.
- Place the milk chocolate in a piping bag and melt it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. If it is not yet melted then heat it for another 10 seconds. Cut a small hole in the end of the piping bag and drizzle the chocolate over the crispy.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)