I jus love the holidays with all the gift giving and all! It is all so much fun. Last December I made several recipes for giftable jar mixes. This year I’m going to give you 4 super amazing snack mixes, that are, of course, perfect gifts! One of the nice things about snack mixes it they usually make a lot and they whip up super fast. So, you can make lots of gifts with the minimum amount of time and effort! Sounds perfect for this time of year, doesn’t it? Today’s recipe is for Turtle Snack Mix! No there aren’t turtles in it, rather it has the flavors of chocolate, caramel, and toasted pecans!
First, we are going to start with the toasting of the pecans. Place the pecans in a bowl with melted butter and salt.
Stir it all together really well.
Place the buttered pecans on a sheet tray lined with foil and bake at 350F for 5 minutes, then stir them around a bit and bake them for another 3-5 minutes until golden and fragrant. Cool.
In a very large bowl place the toasted pecans, caramel corn, unwrapped Rolos, caramel bites, cocoa puffs, and cocoa pebbles.
Stir together well. Set aside for the moment.
In a microwavable dish place the chocolate candy melts, as you can see I used Almond Bark.
Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until fully melted. Stir in canola oil.
Pour the melted chocolate over the mixture in the extra large bowl. Stir together until everything is well coated.
Place the snack mix on two large waxed paper lined sheet trays. Allow to set.
Break in pieces. Then all you have to do is portion the snack mix out into little goodie bags and give them away! I found these bags on Amazon and they are super nice. The large size is just a bit bigger than regular goodie bags, so you can fit a bit more in, which is nice. They also come with pretty little ribbon to tie them closed instead of just a twisty tie.
I’m sure you and whoever you gift this to will love this turtle mix! The classic combination of chocolate, caramel, and toasted pecans in fantastic! It won’t take much time to whip up this snack mix and the results are delicious.
Do you enjoy receiving dessert for Christmas presents?
- 3c. salted, toasted pecans
- 6oz. caramel corn
- 12oz pkg Rolos, unwrapped
- 10oz pkg caramel bites
- 3c. round chocolate cereal puffs (like cocoa puffs)
- 3c. chocolate flack cereal (like cocoa pebbles)
- 16oz. pkg chocolate candy melts (I used Almond Bark)
- 3T. canola oil
- Line two sheet trays with waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl place the toasted pecans, caramel corn, Rolos, caramel bites, and chocolate cereals. Stir together.
- Melt the candy melts in a microwavable container in 30-second increments, stirring in between until melted.
- Stir the canola oil into the melted chocolate, until well combined.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the cereal/pecan mix until everything is well coated.
- Pat the snack mix out onto the two prepared pans. Allow to set. Break into pieces.
Original Recipe By: Rilla Banks (A.K.A. Epic Sweet)